Corner, Fulham. Conceded by Stuart Dallas.
- 17Hélder Costa
- 29Zambo Anguissa
- 14De Cordova-Reid
Offside, Leeds United. Liam Cooper tries a through ball, but Patrick Bamford is caught offside.
Corner, Leeds United. Conceded by Harrison Reed.
Goal! Leeds United 1, Fulham 0. Hélder Costa (Leeds United) left footed shot from a difficult angle on the left to the high centre of the goal following a corner.
Corner, Leeds United. Conceded by Joe Bryan.
Attempt missed. Joe Bryan (Fulham) left footed shot from outside the box is close, but misses the top right corner from a direct free kick.
Aleksandar Mitrovic (Fulham) wins a free kick in the attacking half.
Foul by Liam Cooper (Leeds United).
Denis Odoi (Fulham) wins a free kick in the defensive half.
Foul by Patrick Bamford (Leeds United).
Lineups are announced and players are warming up.
These two promoted teams both lost last weekend.
Those results do not really tell the full story, though. Leeds could not really have had a much more positive return to the top flight, despite their defeat at Anfield.
I’m backing Marcelo Bielsa’s side to get the win this time, especially because they are playing at Elland Road.
- Leeds are seeking back-to-back league victories against Fulham for the first time since December 2003, when the Whites were last in the Premier League.
- The home team has not lost any of the previous eight league meetings.
- In the past 31 Premier League matches between two newly promoted clubs, the away side has managed to win just twice – both of which came at relegated Norwich last season.
- This is the first Premier League fixture at Elland Road since a 3-3 draw against Charlton confirmed Leeds’ relegation in May 2004.
- Leeds have lost their opening match at Elland Road in only one of their previous 12 seasons in the Premier League, a 2-0 defeat by Sheffield Wednesday in August 1996.
- Marcelo Bielsa’s side conceded only one goal in their final eight Championship home fixtures last season.
- They won 33 tackles against Liverpool last Saturday and covered a distance of 114.6km, the most of any side in the opening round of Premier League matches.
- Fulham have lost 15 of their past 19 Premier League matches.
- They have only won their opening away match in two of their 26 top-flight seasons, against Portsmouth in 2009-10 and Sunderland in 2013-14.
- Tom Cairney has been directly involved in seven league goals against Leeds, scoring four and setting up three – more than he has against any other opponent.
- Head coach Scott Parker scored a 90th-minute winner at Elland Road in December 2002 in his only victory in six Premier League appearances as a player against Leeds, which all came for Charlton.